Garth Pleasure Grounds
A beautiful Arts and Crafts Garden in Lingfield by Walter H Godfrey
Mature 9 acre The Garth Pleasure Grounds created by Arts and Crafts distinguished buildings and landscape architect Walter H Godfrey in 1919 present an idyllic setting surrounding the former parish workhouse (1729) also refurbished in Edwardian style by Godfrey in 1919.
- It is full of history variety and charm. The formal gardens, enchanting Nuttery, a spinney with many mature trees and a pond to attract wild life.
- Godfrey also designed various features in the grounds such as the terrace, Gazebo, pergola, iron gates, courtyard bench, well and a bird bath.
- The wonderful bluebells in spring. The woodland and formal gardens are full of colour and fragrance for year-round pleasure.
- The gardens are designed to relax, delight and surprise the visitors.
- The gardens are always evolving. The grounds are open in May, June and July this year as as part of the Historic Houses Scheme ( entrance free for members ) and on other dates for the NGS. Also for group visits by prior arrangements.
- Street: New Chapel Road
- Postcode: RH7 6BJ
- City: Lingfield
- County: Surrey