Bourton House Garden, a beautiful Cotswold Garden
An award-winning three acre garden high on the Cotswolds with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside.
The Bourton House Garden, near Moreton on the Marsh in the beautiful Cotswold Countryside with outstanding views
History - In 1983, the new owners of Bourton House and began the task of turning a neglected wilderness into the perfect garden for this historic house.
What to see?
- features imaginative topiary (including knot garden, walk and parterre)
- magnificent wide herbaceous borders filled with rare, unusual and exotic plants
- Beautifully planted upper terraces looking back to the house
- beautiful White Garden Walk leading to gates adjoining the beautiful Cotswold landscape.
- several water features (including a raised Basket Pond from the Great Exhibition of 1851) and many creatively planted pots.
- There is a seven acre pasture walk following the Head Gardener’s guide to the specimen trees planted in 1994 and 1995.
When is the best time to visit Bourton House Gardens?
The garden is always beautiful but absolutely glorious in the summer months and early autumn.
Is the Garden National Trust?
No it is privately owned
Is the Garden Dog Friendly?
Dogs are not allowed in the garden
- Telephone: 01386 700754
- Street: Bourton on the Hill
- Postcode: GL56 9AE
- City: Moreton in Marsh
- County: Gloucestershire
- Country: United Kingdom
HOTELS AND PLACES TO STAY NEAR TO GARDEN
If you want to take a break near Bourton House Garden, why not stay in one of our recommended hotels. Each hotel has genuine guest reviews enabling you to book from anywhere in the world in total confidence. Cotswolds Hotels near Bourton House - click here.